CRCT Testing Tips
Parents and Students
1. Get plenty of rest each night before testing. Experts say most young people need seven to eleven hours of sleep to be at their best.
2. Eat breakfast each morning before testing. It's hard for students to think when they are hungry. Drinking plenty of water is also important. Breakfast at Cook Elementary School is free for everyone!!
3. Avoid rushing on the days of testing. Be sure to have clothes and books ready the night before so that students can arrive at school on time each morning.
4. Try not to be absent or tardy during testing days. Make-ups will be given for missed days.
5. Keep the peace. Try not to argue with brothers or sisters, which could distract your focus and concentration.
6. Listen carefully to instructions and do not spend too much time on any one question.
7. Encourage your child to do his or her very best.
8. Dress in comfortable shoes and clothes. Bring a jacket just in case you get cold during the testing time.
9. Close your eyes, breathe deeply, and count to ten if you feel stressed or nervous.
By working together, we can ensure your student's academic success!!